I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Child Protection Code of Conduct below and agree that in the course of my association with Growing Cambodia Organization I must:
- Treat children with respect regardless of race, colour, gender, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status
- Not use language or behaviour towards children that is inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning or culturally inappropriate
- Not engage children under the age of 18 in any form of sexual intercourse or sexual activity, including paying for sexual services or acts
- Wherever possible, ensure that another adult is present when working in the proximity of children
- Not invite unaccompanied children into my home, unless they are at immediate risk of injury or in physical danger
- Not sleep close to unsupervised children unless absolutely necessary, in which case I must obtain my supervisor’s permission, and ensure that another adult is present if possible
- Use any computers, mobile phones, video cameras, cameras or social media appropriately, and never to exploit or harass children or access child exploitation material through any medium
- Not use physical punishment on children
- Not hire children for domestic or other labour which is inappropriate given their age or developmental stage, which interferes with their time available for education and recreational activities, or which places them at significant risk of injury
- Comply with all relevant Australian and local legislation, including labour laws in relation to child labour
- Immediately report concerns or allegations of child exploitation and abuse and policy non-compliance in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Immediately disclose all charges, convictions and other outcomes of an offence, which occurred before or occurs during my association with Growing Cambodia that relate to child exploitation and abuse.
When photographing or filming a child or using children’s images for work-related purposes, I must:
- Assess and endeavour to comply with local traditions or restrictions for reproducing personal images before photographing or filming a child
- Obtain informed consent from the child and parent or guardian of the child before photographing or filming a child. As part of this I must explain how the photograph or film will be used
- Ensure photographs, films, videos and DVDs present children in a dignified and respectful manner and not in a vulnerable or submissive manner. Children should be adequately clothed and not in poses that could be seen as sexually suggestive
- Ensure images are honest representations of the context and the facts
- Ensure file labels, meta data or text descriptions do not reveal identifying information about a child when sending images electronically or publishing images in any form.
- I understand that the onus is on me, as a person associated with Growing Cambodia, to use common sense and avoid actions or behaviours that could be construed as child exploitation and abuse.